I’m sitting here sipping a delicious cup of tea/bourbon/ginger infused simple syrup, (mainly because I was feeling the tinge of a cold starting, but also because I had made a jar of the syrup last night and needed a good excuse to use it) when I started thinking about how often I turn to ginger for its healing and soothing properties.
1. fresh ginger can stimulate a lax appetite. snack on a piece right before meals.
2. ginger improves the absorption of essential nutrients in the body.
3. ginger is great at clearing sinuses.
4. feeling airsick or nauseous? chew on ginger, preferably tossed in a little honey.
5. ginger helps reduce gas flare ups.
6. cramping or bloating–munch on ginger.
7. ginger, with its anti-inflammatory properties—can bring relief to joint pain flare ups. mix some ginger essential oil in a roller bottle with a carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil works great) and roll on as needed.
8. chewing ginger can help overcome nausea.
9. stir up some ginger tea to get rid of throat and nose congestion.
10. the Ayurvedic texts credit ginger with aphrodisiac properties…so try infusing ginger oil in the bedroom….
so many uses. I feel my *cold* melting away already…..